Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Change in Me

Change is something that can come easily or hard depending on how you are feeling that particular day.  After giving myself an internal "pep talk" it was time to get started on my son's journey of experiencing different foods.  I began to research on how I could help with his limited appetite.  Where were all the "how to" videos?    I laughed at some of the things I read; only because in my mind it was laughable and not what JP would consider a reasonable offer of beginning his journey into a world of the unknown, unsafe and unpredictable!  Here are a couple of the ideas that I can remember,
1.  Put some other kind of chicken nuggets into a McDonald's chicken nugget box so I could trick JP visually.    (and there it is............laughter)
Really?  Still this was the day of change and I was feeling confident on this particular day so what the heck, I tried it.  JP on the other hand was not amused nor was he going to take this "change" lying down.  Well he did technically lie down on the floor in full on meltdown mode, but other than that he just wasn't ready for change that particular day.  
2.  Try putting another french frie on his plate along with the McDonald's french fries.
Okay, I was optimistic about this one I'll admit.  I came through the door with JP's McDonald's bag looking all smug and handed him the french fries. Inspector #12 suddenly appeared before me and as he took the french fries out of the bag he dumped them on his plate and looked, smelled, touched and picked up the impostor and gave it a good sling towards the floor.  With a look of disgust he sit there and made sure all of the tiny pieces of the impostors fragments were no where to be seen on the almighty McDonald's french fries.    

No comments:

Post a Comment